Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Brenda Ramirez

Soc 122 MW 530-645


Group event 

Movie 4/5

                For our fourth event, we planned a movie night to play "Rape for profit". We had a decision between to videos, but we thought for this movie touched more bae on women being sold on the streets to make a living for someone other than themselves. As to promoting the video, my group and I spread the word by mouth, using our social media page "Free all Bodies" on Facebook, and my fellow group member was kind enough to make flyers and post them around campus where we thought they would be read. We persuaded people to come, and offered free pizza. We did get an audience and they stayed for the whole movie and had a lot of opinions after and examples based on their personal lives. We discussed our thoughts about the move and what we can do to spread the word further about human trafficking and making it known not just a subject that people say "oh yeah I know about it, how sad" we wanted to make an impact based on what we have learned about the facts and impacts women go through whether it's for sex or labor, to think even families from other countries sale their daughters just to receive dirty money. We may not know all the details and I know there is more to it but I feel our group did an awesome job just pulling out information from the surface and gave this issue a little life.

No comments:

Post a Comment